with hot glue!
OOOHH! Sparkly! Pretty!
You can make so many things with this technique! Thus far, we have made bookmarks, art for the walls, ornaments, and jewelry! Just think of the possibilities!
The best part?
*Cookie Sheet (or something to iron on)
*Collected leaves and petals
*We have done this with both fresh and dried flowers. The dried flowers work the best but fresh does work too! Just keep in mind that when you apply the heat from the iron, moisture will release and the color of the petals or leaves will darken a bit. Not to worry, the end result is still lovely!
1. Tear off a large portion of parchment paper and place it on the cookie sheet.
2. Lay flowers and petals out randomly or in a pattern off to one side on the parchment paper. Sprinkle a small amount of glitter over the arrangement.
3. Lay glue sticks over the floral arrangement.
4. Fold the parchment paper over itself to cover the glue and flowers completely.
5. Apply iron on high heat. You can simply place the iron on top of the parchment paper and let it sit for a couple minutes, checking every so often. You will not need to apply pressure. Just simply place the iron on the paper.
6. Remove iron once the glue has melted to a flat surface.
7. Wait for the glue to completely cool before peeling back the paper.
8. Flip the glue and petals over and repeat process on the other side to ensure the petals are completely covered.
9. Be sure to place the hot glue in areas that have not been covered entirely! Repeat process until all the flowers and leaves are entirely covered.
You have yourself a beautiful piece of art!
You can now cut it into long strips for book marks, leave the edges abstract and apply string to hang on the wall or cut into small round pieces for a necklace!
But Wait! There's More!
Try this technique with paint!
We made some heart ornaments using this very same technique but with paint!