There comes a time in a person's life, when they need to put on a UniCONE Headpiece and dance around. This can be done on a special day or simply whilst pouring a glass of milk. The most important part of donning a UniCONE Headpiece is that you feel magical while doing it!
Let's get this UniCone Party started, shall we?
*About 10 pine cones (Look for a relatively slim one to use as the actual horn)
*Hot glue gun
*Acrylic paint in your color choice
(We used a mostly pastel palette)
*Ribbon 1.5 or 2 inches in width
1. Prepare your pine cones. If they are covered in sap, you can bake them for about 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This will cause the sap to harden on the pine cone and create a beautiful shine. (We'll be covering the shine with paint but keep it in mind for other crafts!)
2. Cut the pine cones into flower shapes. Simply cut the pine cone into about 3 sections. Use either a serrated knife or scissors depending on the thickness of the pine cone. They will look much better after they are painted! Apply hot glue to loose areas on the pine cone.
3. Paint the pine cones and add biodegradeable glitter!
4. Paint the uniCONE horn white and completely cover in glitter!
5. Allow all pine cones to fully dry.
6. Find your ribbon and cut it to length, allowing for multiple inches in excess to tie with.
7. Cut cardboard the width of your ribbon and about 3 or 4 inches in length.
8. Glue cardboard to the ribbon, ensuring you are in the center. Once the glue has dried, bend the cardboard over a round object like a bowl to form shape of the headpiece.
9. Time to build the headpiece! Begin in the center with the horn. Apply lots of glue to the end of the horn and place it onto he center of the cardboard. Use a cup or similar object to prop the horn up while it dries.
10. Fill in with flowers all around the horn, using lots of hot glue. Cover as much of the cardboard as possible with flowers, arranging it so the colors are spread out.
11. Allow to dry.
12. Add hot glue to any exposed cardboard and cover with glitter to finish the head piece!
Now touch up any paint, pull hot glue strings off and prance like the MAGESTIC BEAUTY you are!