Ginkgo and Stick Butterflies
Did you catch our process video on the Ginkgo Leaf Scrape Art? It's really easy, involves all kinds of sensory goodness, fine and gross motor practice, and color mixing. The end result is stunning any way you cut it. We decided to do something with those beautiful leaves.
Find our Ginkgo Leaf Scrape Art video here.
The shape of the leaf seemed so obviously wing to me, we had to make butterflies! Some of you suggested the Ginkgo leaf looked like a Stingray. I'm totally into that idea and I think we will do that at another time. Thanks friends! You are a crafty bunch.
1. Paint your sticks and leaves in desired colors. See video above to achieve this look. Let dry.
2. Cut the stems off of the Ginkgo leaves. (They will be used for the antenna.)
3. Glue the two pointed ends of the leaves together.
4. Break or cut your painted sticks into proportional pieces for the Ginkgo leaf wings. Glue on.
5. Glue on Ginkgo leaf stems to the top of the sticks for the antenna.