Music makes everything better. It's seems to be apart of our human condition to want to express ourselves concurrent powerful vibrations of sound. Whether you like to sing, dance or play an instrument, music plays a vital role in humanity. Now consider making your very own music! You can make beautiful music with these tambourines and it's downright easy! Make these Heart Tambourines for your special friend, make one for yourself, make them for your family members. Gather together and play your tambourines with jubilation!
The shape of these tambourines makes them super easy to hold! Grab them at the top of the heart and shake away. It works surprisingly well. I might even venture to say, easier to hold than a standard tambourine. I mean that's bold but I'm going there.
1. Draw a heart shape on a piece of cardboard. Cut it out. You may want to double this process and glue together if your cardboard is particularly flimsy.
2. Repeat the shape inside the heart leaving about an inch margin. Cut the center heart out of the larger heart.
3. Cut a piece of yarn. The length will depend on how big your heart is and how much you'd like to wrap/cover the cardboard.
4. Cut a small slit in the outer portion of the heart for the end of your yarn. Slide the end in and begin to wrap the heart!
5. At this point you may begin to slide the bells on as you wrap. Alternately, wrap the heart entirely and hot glue the bells in place. I tried both of these methods and discovered that the sound of the bell was best with the non glue option. However gluing the bells was far easier and if the bells are large enough the glue will not dampen the sound.
Optional: Adorn your tambourine with more yarn, additional poms, paint, etc. Get creative!
We hope you love your Heart Tambourine as much as we do!