While the commercialism surrounding Valentine's Day is not so great, we adore the idea of a day dedicated to love. And that day is pretty soon! Valentine's Day is February 14th! The clock is ticking, friends. Grab your paper rolls and start making something you think is adorable. (Like these!) Creating things to gift is a wonderful thing to do. It gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling unlike anything else. Are you ready to gift the ones' you love with something crafty, fun and (mostly) environmentally friendly? LET'S DO THIS.
Construction paper in 5 colors
Silver tissue paper
1 Measure and cut your paper into 6 inch long by 1 inch (or a little more, let's not stress ourselves out here) wide strips.
2. Arrange the strips in the color order you would like, overlapping each strip by a a quarter to a half inch. Glue the strips together.
3. Once you have glued about 7- 8 strips together, apply glue to the backside and wrap around the roll.
4. Make 3 slits in the overhanging paper on each end and fold in.
5. Cut out the templates and glue on to the roll.
6. Lastly, cut a piece of silver tissue paper to 6 inches in length and 3 inches wide. Glue this on to each end of the roll, covering any seams or scissor marks.
This is clearly NOT 3-4 inches wide. LOL. I simply cut it after I glued it on. You can try that method if you'd rather!
Optional: Grab some little clear bags from a craft store and put candy inside. Place the baggies in the roll and fold the sides inward.
Hand the finished, most adorable craft to your favorite people. :)
Happy Valentine's Day!
Mary Alice xx